Rita Mae Brown is an American writer, activist, and feminist. She is best known for her first novel Rubyfruit Jungle. Brown is also a mystery writer and screenwriter. (Source Wikipedia)
1. I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.
2. About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.
3. One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
4. Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
5. The only queer people are those who don’t love anybody.
6. If it weren’t for the last minute, nothing would get done.
7. Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.
8. I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.
9. A deadline is negative inspiration. Still, it’s better than no inspiration at all.
10. Happiness is pretty simple: someone to love, something to do, something to look forward to.
11. Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts.
12. Don’t hope more than you’re willing to work.
13. If you’re afraid to die, you’re afraid to live. You can’t have one without the other.
14. Every day you’re alive and someone loves you is a miracle.
15. Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.
16. I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss.
17. Put your money in your head, that way no one can take it from you.
18. No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love. The only queer people are those who don’t love anybody.
19. You have nothing to fear in life, not you, not anyone, because every bad thing you think can happen will- but not always in the form you imagine.
20. In school they told us the president was the best man in the whole country but I knew my father was the best man in the whole country; the country didn’t know it, that’s all.
21. A peacefulness follows any decision, even the wrong one.
22. I don’t care whether they like me or not. Everybody’s stupid, that’s what I think. I care if I like me, that’s what I truly care about.
23. No one is ever safe. So why not live as much as you can?
24. They’re walking around in clothing but they’re still the same animals who lived in caves, feared the dark, and smashed one another over the head for beans.
25. Life is too short to be miserable. Rita Mae Brown.
Your friend in success 🙂
One of my main passion is to empower and encourage individuals to overcome their fears and build up their self confident to pursue their true passion and dreams.
My mission is to help improve the financial lives of 1 millions+ aspiring entrepreneurs around the world.