• Environment conservation and climate change
• Social inclusion and justice
• General population
• Asylum seekers, refugees, migrants and people from CALD backgrounds
The climate crisis is the biggest global threat to human rights we have seen in our lifetime.
From burning forests to sweltering cities, parched farmlands to storm-battered coasts, climate change is taking a mounting toll on lives and livelihoods around the globe. Unless governments act boldly-and quickly-to massively reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the situation could become unimaginably worse. Rising sea levels and massive food shortages could drive hundreds of millions of people from their homes. Conflicts over increasingly scarce resources could multiply exponentially, fueling violence, virulent nationalism, xenophobia, and authoritarian rule. The capacity of states to protect the rights of the most at-risk populations could be severely strained and, in many places, broken.
BoyiMarni Connections Inc. is a recently established Incorporated Association, ACNC registered charity with (PBI) and DGR status.
We live and work in a community in the Northern Rivers of New South Wales Australia. This is the Bundjalung Nation.
Our focus is people of Aboriginal descent that are associated with the justice system, our main goal of preparing people to be life ready and building the human spirit.
– Provide quality case management (mentoring).
– Address social disadvantage to relieve people of poverty and stress by encouraging people to start their own personal social enterprise.
– Promote social inclusion.
– Create local small advisory groups.
– Respond to community needs by identifying gaps in services.
– Create innovative (GrowGrams) to meet the needs of the community.
– Support to meet access to the NDIS.
– Provide supported access to Support Coordination of NDIS (if applicable).
– Provide workshops to assist people with skill and capacity building.
– Work collaboratively with local services.
-Develop Social Enterprises to
encourage people to become involved.
Our Vision is to be the place to go for exceptional service by guiding people towards independence and participation.
Our Purpose is to be a source of strength to overcome hardship, creating sustainable positive change.
Our Values are:
Excellence – we deliver quality services.
Integrity – we act honestly and with transparency.
Optimism – we think and act with confidence about people and the future.
Steadfastness – we persist to overcome barriers and adversity.
We believe everyone has the right to thrive.