Maxwell Maltz was an American cosmetic surgeon and author of Psycho-Cybernetics, which was a system of ideas that he claimed could improve one’s self-image. In turn, the person would lead a more successful and fulfilling life. (source – Wikipedia)
1. Close scrutiny will show that most “crisis situations” are opportunities to either advance, or stay where you are.
2. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-brake on.
Accept yourself as you are. Otherwise you will never see opportunity. You will not feel free to move toward it; you will feel you are not deserving.
3. Remember you will not always win. Some days, the most resourceful individual will taste defeat. But there is, in this case, always tomorrow – after you have done your best to achieve success today.
4. Your most important sale in life is to sell yourself to yourself. Self-image sets the boundaries of individual accomplishment.
5. A human being always acts and feels and performs in accordance with what he imagines to be true about himself and his environment…For imagination sets the goal ‘picture’ which our automatic mechanism works on. We act, or fail to act, not because of ‘will,’ as is so commonly believed, but because of imagination.
6. You act, and feel, not according to what things are really like, but according to the image your mind holds of what they are like. You have certain mental images of yourself, your world, and the people around you, and you behave as though these images were the truth, the reality, rather than the things they represent.
7. Your nervous system cannot tell the difference between an imagined experience and a ‘real’ experience. In either case, it reacts automatically to information which you give to it from your forebrain. Your nervous system reacts appropriately to what you THINK or IMAGINE to be ‘true.’
8. If you wait until circumstances justify your thinking pleasant thoughts, you are likely to wait forever. Happiness isn’t something that happens to you. It is what you yourself do and determine upon
9. The greatest miracle you can hope for is self-acceptance. The most delightful surprise in life is to suddenly recognize your own worth.
10. To really ‘live,’ that is to find life reasonably satisfying, you must have an adequate and realistic self-image that you can life with. You must find yourself acceptable to ‘you. Begin to imagine what the desirable outcome would be like. Go over these mental pictures and delineate details and refinements. Play them over and over to yourself.
Your friend in success 🙂
One of my main passion is to empower and encourage individuals to overcome their fears and build up their self confident to pursue their true passion and dreams.
My mission is to help improve the financial lives of 1 millions+ aspiring entrepreneurs around the world.