Henry Valentine Miller was an American writer, expatriated in Paris at his flourishing. He was known for breaking with existing literary forms, developing a new type of semi-autobiographical novel that blended character study, social criticism, philosophical reflection, explicit language, sex, surrealist free association, and mysticism. (source – Wikipedia)
1. When one is trying to do something beyond his known powers it is useless to seek the approval of friends. Friends are at their best in moments of defeat.
2. Whatever there be of progress in life comes not through adaptation but through daring.
3. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.
4. The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
5. Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music – the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.
6. True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate his life, through devotion, to something beyond himself.
7. Whatever needs to be maintained through force is doomed.
8. The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough is love.
9. No man is great enough or wise enough for any of us to surrender our destiny to. The only way in which anyone can lead us is to restore to us the belief in our own guidance.
10. The prisoner is not the one who has committed a crime, but the one who clings to his crime and lives it over and over.
Stop surviving and start living. Aspire to live life the passion way today? _ Mantist Oryem