Stedman Graham, Jr. (born March 6, 1951) is an American educator, author, businessman and speaker, primarily known as the longtime boyfriend of media mogul Oprah Winfrey. (source – Wikipedia)
1. Most people are defined by their titles, their cars, their house, where they came from, their color, their race, their religion. And so it’s up to you to take control of your own life and define you. As long as you understand who you are and you have a solid foundation of understanding what your talents are, what your skills are.
2. Understand who you are, so that you can be the same, whether you’re talking to a homeless person or the president of the United States. You’re the same person.
3. And whenever you encounter a problem, no matter how insurmountable it might seem, there is one simple response that should be ingrained in your behaviors: Never give up.
4. Freedom is about a way of thinking. Freedom is about understanding that you can do anything that you want and freedom is about being able to take information and education and make it relevant to your own growth every single day. Freedom is not staying in the box. Freedom is not doing what other people want you to do.
5. I define myself by everything that I love, everything I can create, everything that I can imagine.
6. The idea of being able to serve as an example, based upon how to process, how to think, how to realize our own dreams, we can pass that down to our children.
7. To get where we want to go in life, we have to keep at it. We have to create a vision, make choices based on what moves us most swiftly toward our goals, and go after them with determination and single-mindedness
8. When you have a sense of your own identity and a vision of where you want to go in your life, you then have the basis for reaching out to the world and going after your dreams for a better life.
9. Every day, do something that is truly important in moving you toward your goals. You must choose to invest your time in the important steps. When you take charge of your time, you take charge of your life. How you spend your time reflects your priorities.
10. To know yourself is the first and most important step in pursuing your dreams and goals.
_ Stedman Graham
Grow. Love. Live the passion way. Your friend in success. Mantist Oryem